* Ford is investing $4B over the next two years towards Autonomous Driving.
* John Deere posted $35.5B in revenue, down from $39.2B last FY.
** Caterpillar posted $53.8B in revenue, down from $54.7B last FY.
* In December 2020, Ford Motor Company will donate $100 on behalf of each person who uses the hashtag #ProudToHonor, with a goal of donating $3.5 million to military charities.
** In Q3-2020, Ford earned $37.5B in Revenues, $2.3B in Net Income. Ford’s FY-2020 has seen a 27% Revenue drop compared to FY-2019.
*** In 2020, Ford donated 200,000 face shields to US Military Bases to help active-duty soldiers prevent Covid-19 spread on their bases
* The top floors of corporate skyscrapers are usually prize locations for executives and are usually designed with exclusivity in mind, prohibiting most employees from ever setting foot on those floors.
** Salesforce has 15.8B in revenue, up from 13.2B last FY, with an ~18% annual return on their common stock.
*In 2019, Visa ranked #1 on Forbes World’s Best Regarded Companies and #5 on BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands.
‡Women are a little more than 50% of white collar workers, but represent only 4.5% of executives – 2016 NBER Working Paper Series.
† In January 2020, For the first time in American history women held more payroll jobs (50.04%) than men.
* 75% of millennials and gen-z in the United States are actively on Snapchat. 93M of them are over the age of 18.
** 57% of millennial Snapchat members who registered in-app in 2018 went to the polls and voted, whereas only 41-52% of millennials tend to vote.
*** During the 2016 election season, 63% of young voters learned about the voter registration process through their school; most colleges and universities will be closed during the Fall 2020 election cycle.
* Snapchat purchased Bitstrips (Bitmoji’s parent company) for $64M in 2016; at the time Snapchat’s daily active users was 122M. In 2017 Bitmoji was Apple’s most downloaded App. In Q2 of 2020, Snapchat recorded 238M daily active users.
** As fashion brands have been lagging with brick and mortar stores, in the last FY Ralph Lauren has increased their number of stores in the US from 224 to 230, and 501 to 530 Globally. YoY revenues fell from $6.31B to $6.16B (FY ending March 28 2020).
* 54% of women have claimed a preference for their cosmetics to be all-natural.
** The current US cosmetics market is around $49B. The natural cosmetics market is positioned to be worth $25B globally by 2025. Most of the natural cosmetics market is driven by large market players, rather than small entrepreneurs growing to competitive scale.
*** 5% of Jane Goodall’s product sales through Schmidt’s are donated to the Jane Goodall Institute.
*Intel is currently betting big on memory, autonomous driving, and 5G.
†Over the last 5 years: revenue has increased 30%, operating income has increased 57%, and shares have increased in value by 87%.
‡Their 2020 goal is to have $1.0 billion in annual spending with diverse-owned suppliers.
* Adobe’s revenues increased to $11.2B this FY, from $9B last FY, and $7.3B the year prior.
** Colors significantly impact how people think and act. In a 1996 paper, it was discovered that the color of medication effects how patients believe in a drug’s effectiveness, including the effect of placebos.
We are strategy consultants helping Board Members and C-Suite executives develop new growth opportunities and take calculated risks.