* Apple’s revenue increased from $229B in FY 2017 to $265B in FY 2018. Apple Watch revenues are obscured in Apple’s reporting in an “Accessories” category that includes AirPod’s, a wildly successful millennial trendsetting product. In Apple’s most recent quarterly report, “Accessories” saw year over year growth from $3.73B to $5.53B for the most recent quarter.
* Since the announcement of the Disney Aspire program two semesters ago, Disney’s stock has gone up from $110 to ~$145 per share with a $260B market cap. Last fiscal year Disney reported nearly $60B in revenue.
* The sleep products industry has grown consistently at 4% every year for the last 20 years. In FY 2018, the sleep products industry in the US had approximately $9B in sales.
* An example of a Dreamweaver's bespoke guest experience included someone who shared an interest in tennis, receiving tennis themed foods arriving at their table, along with tennis motifs, etc. Each Dreamweaver experience is bespoke, never to be repeated the same way again.
** Food and beverage sales in the US has seen a steady increase over the last few years to $798B last FY vs $782B the previous FY. High end limited service restaurants (including the haute cuisine category) made $210B in sales. Full service chain restaurants (in the category with Applebees) made $247B in sales. Approximately 195M consumers visit a sit-down restaurant in America at least once per quarter.
*National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey between 2013-2016 found, 1-in-3 US adults consumed fast food on a given day. Among those that reported eating fast food, men were more likely to have eaten fast food for lunch while women were more likely to have had fast food as a snack. On average fast food consumption was highest among youths and declined with age.
* DuckDuckGo processes 30M searches every day, doubling every year. They raised $13M in two early funding rounds since their founding in 2008. DuckDuckGo became profitable in 2014 through affiliate marketing. Estimated revenues for last FY are $7.5M.
* Lyft’s revenues are expected to be $2B in FY2018, compared to $1B last FY. Ride sharing is expected to be worth $285B by 2030. Lyft has raised $4.9B through 19 fundraising rounds, and is worth around $20B pre-IPO.
We are strategy consultants helping C-Suite executives develop new growth opportunities and take calculated risks.