*In 2019, IBM was awarded over 4,500 patents related to AI and quantum computing
** In 2021, celebrated over 105 years of uninterrupted dividends with 25 consecutive years of increases
* Both Ford and ADT plan to invest $100 Million into Canopy in the next three years, and open a funding round to bring in more automotive partners. Canopy is currently integrating machine learning algorithms to be able to send an alert if a person loiters near a vehicle, but not send an alert if a cat is at the vehicle.
** An average work vehicle carries $50,000 in gear. Each year motor vehicle related theft affects 230 per 100,000 vehicles, only half are due to owner error.
How to Become the Most Innovative, Customer Centric, Inclusive, and Sustainable Company in the World
* Net Sales of $55 Billion in 2021, up 41% and 28% from 2020 and 2019.
** For 17 consecutive years Dow Inc has received a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. In 2021, they ranked on Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list and ranked #19 in the Diversity Inc Top 50 Companies.
*** Received the 2021 BIG Innovation Awards from the Business Intelligence Group
* Caterpillar also created a hybrid-hydrogen generator for customers who are geographically isolated and unable to consistently refill their generators with renewable hydrogen.
** Caterpillar posted $50.9B in revenue in 2021, from $41.7B in 2020, and doubled their net income from $3B to $6.5B in the last FY.
* In the last 5 Years, John Deere’s stock has risen from $122 to $436 with a current 1% dividend yield ($134B Market Cap).
** In the last 5 Years, AB InBev’s stock has slipped from $116 to $58 with a current 2% dividend yield ($118B Market Cap).
* Apple’s annual revenue increased from $260.2 Billion in 2019, to $274.5 Billion in 2020, to $365.8 Billion in 2021.
* Half of Honeywell’s R&D investment is directed towards positive social and environmental outcomes. In the last FY, Honeywell’s expenditure on R&D was $1.3 Billion.
** Last FY, Honeywell posted $34.4B in sales, with $5.6B net income.
*** Honeywell’s building solutions sales have flatlined around $2.3B after it spun-off its nearly $4B Homes and Global Distribution segment in 2018/2019.
* This blog article was inspired by extreme alpinist and one-legged climber, Vasu Sojitra, a North Face brand ambassador who summits peaks with the help of crutches, then skis down on one ski.
** The North Face sold itself to VF in 2000 for $25M. Last FY The North Face had revenues in excess of $360M.
*** The outdoor apparel market is $12B, while the lifestyle apparel market is $185B.
* ARKX began trading on March 30, 2021, at $20.50 per share.
* The Home Depot Foundation is expected to donate $500M to veterans causes by 2025, half of that amount is expected to be donated between 2018 and 2025.
** Home Depot has been known to hand out $5,000 at a time to registered non-profits in Community Impact Grants.
*** Veterans are more likely to have a bank account, take on debt, and purchase a house versus non-veterans in the same consumer category.
We are strategy consultants helping Sovereign Wealth Funds optimize investment strategies that leverage stakeholder values.