* In the last 5 Years, John Deere’s stock has risen from $122 to $436 with a current 1% dividend yield ($134B Market Cap).
** In the last 5 Years, AB InBev’s stock has slipped from $116 to $58 with a current 2% dividend yield ($118B Market Cap).
* Apple’s annual revenue increased from $260.2 Billion in 2019, to $274.5 Billion in 2020, to $365.8 Billion in 2021.
* Half of Honeywell’s R&D investment is directed towards positive social and environmental outcomes. In the last FY, Honeywell’s expenditure on R&D was $1.3 Billion.
** Last FY, Honeywell posted $34.4B in sales, with $5.6B net income.
*** Honeywell’s building solutions sales have flatlined around $2.3B after it spun-off its nearly $4B Homes and Global Distribution segment in 2018/2019.
* This blog article was inspired by extreme alpinist and one-legged climber, Vasu Sojitra, a North Face brand ambassador who summits peaks with the help of crutches, then skis down on one ski.
** The North Face sold itself to VF in 2000 for $25M. Last FY The North Face had revenues in excess of $360M.
*** The outdoor apparel market is $12B, while the lifestyle apparel market is $185B.
* ARKX began trading on March 30, 2021, at $20.50 per share.
* The Home Depot Foundation is expected to donate $500M to veterans causes by 2025, half of that amount is expected to be donated between 2018 and 2025.
** Home Depot has been known to hand out $5,000 at a time to registered non-profits in Community Impact Grants.
*** Veterans are more likely to have a bank account, take on debt, and purchase a house versus non-veterans in the same consumer category.
* The Home Depot sold out of all 12 foot Skeletons last year. Despite producing more of these Meme Giants, The Home Depot is expecting to sell out of them again this year, and began taking Halloween pre-orders in July.
** Reported revenues for The Home Depot increased from $110B in 2019 to $135B in 2020
* By 2027, Amgen plans to reduce water usage by a further 40% and waste by 75%.
** From 2007 to 2021, Amgen successfully reduced water consumption by 30%, and waste by 28%. New technologies will help Amgen accelerate their planet stewardship to reach their 2027 goals.
* Over 80% of high school students are not proficient in STEM. The rate at which American high school students pursued STEM stalled last decade, but is now growing with the help of corporate philanthropy.
** The current market size for STEM philanthropy is unquestionably massive. Any company can tap into this resource for future employees or future customers, and skyrocket their brand value in the coming decades.
* With over 30% of new hires identifying as women, The Home Depot created the “Orange Women’s Network” to promote professional growth among female associates.
** The Home Depot employs over 400,000 associates in 2,300 stores, 35,000 of their associates are veterans. In 2021, The Home Depot was recognized as one of the top Military Employers for their 19th year in a row.
We are strategy consultants helping Sovereign Wealth Funds optimize investment strategies that leverage stakeholder values.